Here’s what you need to know:
- The last paper filings for all ELV3 Inspections, Test Notifications (ELV36), and Affirmations of Correction (ELV29, both for unsatisfactory reports and PVTs) will be accepted on August 31st
- If paper inspections are sent via mail, they must be postmarked by August 28th – anything marked after this date will be sent back to the applicant
- Paperwork can still be submitted in person up until the 31st.
- You can review the DOB Service Update here for a round-up of the above details, plus legal references
No filings will be accepted from September 1st through September 16th – whether mail, in-person, or online. If any filing is due within this period, you must submit it before the August 31st deadline.
If your filing due date is missed because of this gap, you may still be subject to late penalties/failure to file violations.
- DOB NOW: Safety can be accessed here
- If you’re not registered for DOB NOW, get more information about the process on the Tips page
- For even more details on how to manage elevator filings in DOB NOW: Safety, you can attend one of the DOB-hosted trainings found below:
|Thursday, September 6th||1:30 PM – 4:30 PM||125 Worth||Info Session Link|
|Wednesday, September 12th||9:30 AM – 12:30 PM||125 Worth||Info Session Link|
|Tuesday, September 18th||5:00 PM – 8:00 PM||280 Broadway||Info Session Link|
|Wednesday, September 26th||9:30 AM – 8:00 PM||125 Worth||Info Session Link|