The FDNY's administrative branch regulates fire-safety related permits, equipment, certifications, and more. The FDNY issues violations via the ECB and through an independent process, some of which can lead to criminal court and charges.
The Department of Buildings is a central New York City compliance agency that has jurisdiction over every structure within the five boroughs.
HPD enforces housing quality standards in residential properties across all five boroughs. HPD inspects housing complaints, issues violations, and runs enforcement programs.
The ECB is a judiciary tribunal that doesn't issue violations, but instead hosts hearings for other NYC agencies issuing administrative violations. The ECB is also commonly known as the Office of Administrative Trials and Hearings, or OATH.
Here's what other compliance professionals are asking:
- What if my permit account has a negative balance?
- How do I schedule a sprinkler/standpipe flow test?
- How do I renew a fuel oil or central air (A/C-Refrig.) permit?
- What if my permit account expired and I’m still awaiting an inspection?
- How do I pay an FDNY permit account inspection bill?
- What happens if an FDNY permit account bill goes unpaid?
- What if my FDNY permit account has a balance due?
- Who is responsible for scheduling FDNY Permit Account inspections?