The FDNY's administrative branch regulates fire-safety related permits, equipment, certifications, and more. The FDNY issues violations via the ECB and through an independent process, some of which can lead to criminal court and charges.
The Department of Buildings is a central New York City compliance agency that has jurisdiction over every structure within the five boroughs.
HPD enforces housing quality standards in residential properties across all five boroughs. HPD inspects housing complaints, issues violations, and runs enforcement programs.
The ECB is a judiciary tribunal that doesn't issue violations, but instead hosts hearings for other NYC agencies issuing administrative violations. The ECB is also commonly known as the Office of Administrative Trials and Hearings, or OATH.
Here's what other compliance professionals are asking:
- What is required for petroleum bulk storage in NY?
- What is required for water tank inspections?
- How often do I need to inspect my backflow prevention device?
- What is a backflow prevention device?
- What are the risks of having open sidewalk violations on a building?
- What is a superseded sidewalk violation?
- How do I correct a sidewalk violation?
- What is a sidewalk violation?