Retailers: How Safe are You From Compliance Risk?
How Much is Compliance Impacting Retailers?
Compliance risk for retailers is growing at a rapid pace. In 2016 alone:
- Municipalities are instituting bans against plastic bags, resulting in fines as high as $500/day.
- Stores are facing increased penalties over sanitation, elevator, and fire safety violations across America.
- Several high-profile retailers have dealt with individual store or regional shutdowns over patterns of noncompliance.
A marked increase in local regulations governing real estate, assets, equipment, and licenses has made it imperative for retailers to elevate their visibility into compliance issues. Any organizations who fail to meet this challenge may be open to major liability, both financially and to their brand.
Interestingly enough, most retailers aren’t aware of their compliance risk across all locations. Knowing exactly what’s going on at all times in every store may be a daunting task, but being in the dark when it comes to compliance is worse.
Failing to recognize and respond to a trend of noncompliance can lead to any of the previously mentioned scenarios: fines, shutdowns, bad press, or all of the above.
Automating Compliance and Store Ops as a Best Practice
That said, there’s one best practice many retailers have employed to mitigate their compliance risk, and gain oversight into chain-wide operations: automating compliance and operational data. Here’s how it works:
- Issues are Captured at a Storewide Level – Capturing violations, rule changes, expirations, and requirements on the ground floor of your locations is critical to passing information up the chain. Implementing a consistent form of capture at every store is key to taking this important first step.
- Centralized Compliance Platform – Making sure all that information is stored in one place for immediate accessibility into “the big picture” of overall compliance risk across your company.
- Access to Regional Expertise – Within that centralized framework is applied knowledge for each specific region. This way, leadership based in the midwest will know what teams in NYC are dealing with, and how they’re supposed to manage it.
- Standardized Process & Workflow – Automated alerts for reminders, renewals, and expirations create calls to action for operations and facilities management. Tasks are assigned and completed efficiently, making sure to-do’s get done.
Automating the process by which you handle compliance-related items helps minimize risk, and identify problems before they become big headaches. Store-by-store visibility and accountability ladders up to a more compliant organization at large.
Don’t Miss Out on Critical Compliance Changes!
Stay up to date on real estate news, critical compliance changes, and industry-wide best practices.
Enter your email here and we’ll contact you right away!
Communicate with Ease
Too much of a property management team’s day is wasted with unnecessary follow-up and calling to chase down loose ends. With InCheck, your whole team knows what needs to be worked on, and you can see what other people have done. Get rid of the lost post it notes, missed emails, and old voicemails.
Control Your Day
See what’s next today, with a task list that tells you what to do HERE and NOW. When you walk into a building, InCheck instantly tells you what’s outstanding and what’s assigned to whom.
Say Goodbye to Missed Deadlines
InCheck reminds you of what needs to be done – before it’s too late. The answers to “who is following up?” and “when will it be done?” are in the palm of your hand, for every building.
Automate Your Operations
InCheck brings the power of AI and automation to your property management team. Implement pre-made or custom templates to define consistency throughout your organization. Your team will do better – without having to just constantly hire more people.
More Proactive & Productive
With InCheck, you’ll get things done faster, cheaper, and better. Auto-assign tasks to members of a team or many sequential tasks to different employees related to the same issue. InCheck makes sure that no one drops the ball.
Designed for Property Managers
The life of a property manager is unlike any other career. InCheck is designed by property managers, for property managers, with the ability to capture items on the go – via text, pictures or email – and report, export, and connect to the systems a property manager uses every day.