DOB Complaints and Violations

How do I resolve a DOB-ECB violation?

DOB-ECB violations have two separate components: The Department of Buildings compliance requirement, and the hearing and possible fine through the Environmental Control Board. Both components must be satisfied (or waived, in some cases) to fully close the DOB-ECB violation.

In order to satisfy the DOB’s compliance requirement, a Certificate of Correction (AEU-2 form) must be filed directly with the Department of Buildings. Click the questions below to read more about submitting a Certificate of Correction and avoiding a hearing by submitting a Certificate of Correction before the cure date.

Have More Compliance Questions?

There’s never a shortage of compliance regulations and information - stay informed by subscribing to our blog for recent updates, or fill out our feedback form

Property management is changing.
Subscribe & stay ahead of the curve.

You’ll get 1 email per week with recent posts that are relevant to you. Opt-out at any time.