FDNY Permit Accounts and Certificates of Fitness

What if my permit account has a negative balance?

If the permit account has a negative balance, you can request a refund or have the balance applied to your next inspection bill. Refund requests must have a copy (front and back) of the original check, and can be mailed or e-mailed to the following addresses:

Fire Department of New York
9 Metrotech Center Attn: Accounting
Brooklyn, NY 11201
e-mail: billing@fdny.nyc.gov

Have More Compliance Questions?

There’s never a shortage of compliance regulations and information - stay informed by subscribing to our blog for recent updates, or fill out our feedback form

Property management is changing.
Subscribe & stay ahead of the curve.

You’ll get 1 email per week with recent posts that are relevant to you. Opt-out at any time.