With less than two weeks left until this year’s all-virtual RealFocus event, it’s the perfect time to think about which sessions your team absolutely can’t miss. And when it comes to must-know NYC compliance, there are SEVERAL panels centered on all the latest news you’ll want to know.
Here’s a shortlist of topics RealFocus experts will be covering in-depth, live on October 27th:
- Local Law 31 – The Latest Lead Changes: Representatives from HPD’s Code Enforcement Office will be touching on one of the newest and most impactful laws for residential owners and managers. Local Law 31 requires unit inspections by EPA certified inspectors or risk assessors by August 9, 2025, or within 1 year if a child under the age of 6 comes to reside in the unit – whichever is sooner. Additional details are on the way, so you won’t want to miss hearing about this new rule directly from HPD. Additionally, the team from ALC Environmental will be talking about specifics and best practices for getting these inspections scheduled and performed the right way.
- HPD will present during the 11 AM session
- ALC Environmental will present during a 3:30 PM session
- Local Law 152 – Gas Piping Inspections: The deadline for the first set of community districts (1, 3, and 10) is fast approaching – do you know what you need to do to stay compliant? Bill Weidner and Doug Weidner from KeepMyGas break down the details for this year and beyond. Even if you don’t have a gas piping system, you’re still responsible for complying – find out what you’ll need to do exactly during this critical panel.
- KeepMyGas will present during a 3:00 PM session
- Local Laws 33 and 97 – Sustainability: Sustainability is one of the fastest-growing and most complex areas of regulation for NYC owners and managers. Expert Marc Zuluaga (CEO, Steven Winter & Associates – check out their blog here!) and Elizabeth Kelly from the Mayor’s Office of Sustainability review some of the most recent requirements, including letter grade signage and upcoming carbon emission limits. Compliance isn’t one-size-fits all for every building, so make sure you tune in for this one.
- Steven Winter & Associates will present during a 2:00 PM session
Of course, there’s much more – don’t miss the chance to chat with experts about the things they know best, including sprinkler/standpipe requirements, elevator requirements, and DOB regulations & changes:
RealFocus is the only place you can find this much content live, free, and in one day & one place. If you haven’t gotten your tickets yet, I wouldn’t wait – free tickets are limited, and almost completely gone! Click here to save your spot now. Can’t wait to see you there!